My other recipe for fridge fudge is decadent, rich, and absolutely delicious! If you’re trying to keep your healthy fats low, that recipe isn’t for you! This new take on fudge is more brownie-style, and friendly for those wanting a lower fat option!
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup finely shredded coconut flakes (soaked in 2tbs warm water for 1hr)
- 10-13 medjool dates (soaked in warm water about 1hr)
- (or 1 cup maple syrup instead of dates)
- 1 tbs coconut oil or butter or vegan palm shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp vanilla
Blend dates, coconut oil, and coconut flakes in food processor until smooth. Transfer to mixing bowl and add in remaining ingredients. This is best mixed with your hands, the fudge will be thick and sticky. Press into a greased 8×8 pan, set in fridge about 1-2hrs before serving 🙂 Top with my Vegan Caramel Frosting!