I made these in hopes of getting some protein and veggies in one bite! Success! These are wonderful as a light lunch, or an appetizer for a dinner party! This made about 20 sliders, so I froze some for quick meals on the go.
- 1/2 small head cauliflower
- 1 large carrot
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs coconut flour
- 1 tbs starch (arrowroot powder, tapioca flour, guar gum)
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1-2 stems green onion (or garlic)
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (or fresh grated)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
Blend cauliflower and carrot in a food processor until smooth chunks. Add in eggs, lime juice, green onion, and cilantro, pulse until completely chopped and mixed. Add in coconut flour, starch, and seasonings. Pulse until mixed.
Preheat a greased frying pan to medium/high heat. Using hands, form into small balls, then press into patties in the palm of your hand. Fry about 3-5min on each side. These take a little longer to cook since the veggies contain moisture. Bon Appetit!
I served these with a simply delicious dipping sauce. This is not Paleo however, just yummy 😉
- 1 tbs reduced fat veganaise (or soy-free veganaise)
- 3-4 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste