Almost daily, someone asks me these questions! People automatically assume I have a food label. Labeling the way you eat is a pretty trendy thing these days, and while I think it’s great to have an outline of the types of food you need in your diet, I believe every person has different health needs. I have tried so many eating outlines, and finally came to the conclusion that I EAT WHAT I WANT. I eat what I want, when I want it. Below is a generalized list of those things. I’ve found that in all of my searching, I probably live closest to The Blood Type Diet (google it) because my whole family has the same blood type (A+) and the outline for that way of eating sits very well with our digestion!
Foods The Quilala Family Doesn’t Eat–
- refined sugars (not just high fructose corn syrup, that includes cane sugar)
- hormone and antibiotic stuffed meats (if it doesn’t say BOTH hormone free & antibiotic free, it definitely has both)
- farm raised fish (this is just gross, google it)
- Cow Dairy (even when Organic, it’s extremely difficult for me to digest and causes me to bloat)
- gluten (this is mainly because America’s grains are pretty much chemical GMO garbage AKA POISON)
- non-organic vegetables and fruits (once again, chemical GMO garbage that does more harm for your body than good)
- Canned Legumes (these products are dead and stuffed with preservatives)
- GMO Soy products
SOOO What do we eat?
Foods The Quilala Family Eats–
- unrefined sugars (maple syrup, raw honey, dates, coconut sugar/nectar)
- Organic Grassfed Beef and Organic Poultry (but I don’t really like the taste of most meat anyways)
- Wild caught fish (I love all types of fish and shellfish!)
- Goat or Sheep Dairy (it’s extremely easy to digest, and I usually look for raw. If it’s pasteurized I make sure it’s Organic)
- Only the Gluten Free grains that don’t give digestive trouble (non-GMO popcorn, quinoa, glutenfree oats, amaranth)
- ALL ORGANIC FRUITS AND VEGETABLES! Any and ALL.
- Organic Seeds and Nuts (buckwheat is a rhubarb seed, not a grain)
- Organic dry legumes, lentils included. (I soak them raw 4hrs-6hrs to release acidity that causes gas and then cook them stovetop. Sometimes if I remember, I’ll sprout them as well. If I’m in a huge rush, I will use canned organic beans, looking for the brands with the least amount of preservatives. The majority of people who are intolerant or allergic to legumes is actually because of the acidity and preservatives in canned beans, even organic canned beans)
- Organic Non-GMO Soy products. I’ve yet to decide what I think about fermented Soy…I’m still researching what’s best for my family in that area. Fermented Soy is by far the best, however some say that’s the only type of soy that should be consumed. I’m on the fence 🙂
I believe in feeding my family as much LIVE and RAW foods as possible. We eat the foods God planted in the earth for sustenance. We eat whatever we want, as long as it’s in it’s natural God-given state 🙂 Maybe that makes me a Hippie, but I will always treat my body with respect and that means keeping fake and dead food out of it! If I care enough to keep my body clean, I’m definitely going to keep my childrens bodies clean! I’ve never understood people who eat healthy, but feed their children McDonalds and other processed junk! Our children were born with pure organs, why is it ok to cloud them with poisonous foods? And maybe “poison” sounds harsh…but it’s the truth 🙂