How can a dessert be so nutritious?! This can be eaten for breakfast!
- 7 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tbs arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs sweetener of choice (I prefer maple syrup or coconut nectar)
Mix all ingredients except the apples in a small bowl. Once well combined, toss over the sliced apples. Grease a 8×8 baking pan and pour mixture. Spread evenly.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats (if paleo, use 3/4 cup extra almond flour)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or palm shortening or butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract (vanilla extract is fine too, but the almond brings a better flavor)
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix crumble together with hands. Crumble over the apple mixture in small chunks until evenly spread. Cover with foil, Bake 350 for 40min, then uncover and Bake additional 10-20min until desired browning.